First Look: An app that gives your iPhone something to do 24/7
Chilli X has just the answer for you: PhotoFrame. The US$0.99 app displays six pictures from your photo library as a slideshow while your iPhone or iPod touch is docked, with a nice clock / calendar displayed at the bottom of each photo.
Controls allow users to select a 12 or 24 hour time display, and the app overrides your auto-lock setting so that it can show off your photos as long as you want. If you're impatient and want to see the next photo immediately, you can tap the picture or shake the iPhone or iPod touch.
If you're not using PhotoFrame (click opens iTunes) to keep your device occupied during those times you're sleeping or otherwise engaged, what is your favorite "downtime app?" Leave a comment below to keep the rest of us informed.
Thanks to Aidan for the tip!
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements