Apple releases iLife Support update to patch security issues
Apple today released a security update for iLife '08, called iLife Support 8.3.1. The update "improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues," according to Apple. They recommend the update for all users of iLife '08 who are still using Tiger (up to Mac OS X 10.4.11). Leopard users are unaffected.
According to the Apple Knowledge Base, the update addresses three issues with ImageIO, a system component that allows applications to read and write popular image formats. Two of the issues were discovered by Apple, and concerned the way the component handled specially-created TIFF and JPEG images. Google found a third problem also related to meticulously-crafted TIFF images. All three issues, unpatched, could "lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution."
The update can be downloaded via Software Update, or directly from Apple.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements