Apple releases iLife Support update to patch security issues
Apple today released a security update for iLife '08, called iLife Support 8.3.1. The update "improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues," according to Apple. They recommend the update for all users of iLife '08 who are still using Tiger (up to Mac OS X 10.4.11). Leopard users are unaffected.
According to the Apple Knowledge Base, the update addresses three issues with ImageIO, a system component that allows applications to read and write popular image formats. Two of the issues were discovered by Apple, and concerned the way the component handled specially-created TIFF and JPEG images. Google found a third problem also related to meticulously-crafted TIFF images. All three issues, unpatched, could "lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution."
The update can be downloaded via Software Update, or directly from Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature