Mac 101: Shorten text using the Summarize Service
Once you're in the summarize service, you can quickly and easily shorten the selected text by moving the slider between 1% and 100%. As you move it, the text will magically get shorter, while at the same time keeping the basic meaning of the text that you originally selected. The service is so accurate that it's sometimes scary.
When you're done, you can save your summarized text by closing out the window -- you will be asked to save or discard. The result is a .rtf file.
Want more tips and tricks like this? Visit TUAW's Mac 101 section today!
Have you ever been reading a long article and wished you could somehow magically make it shorter? With a Mac OS X service called...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free