Mac 101: Shorten text using the Summarize Service
Once you're in the summarize service, you can quickly and easily shorten the selected text by moving the slider between 1% and 100%. As you move it, the text will magically get shorter, while at the same time keeping the basic meaning of the text that you originally selected. The service is so accurate that it's sometimes scary.
When you're done, you can save your summarized text by closing out the window -- you will be asked to save or discard. The result is a .rtf file.
Want more tips and tricks like this? Visit TUAW's Mac 101 section today!
Have you ever been reading a long article and wished you could somehow magically make it shorter? With a Mac OS X service called...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved