Mac 101: Shorten text using the Summarize Service
Once you're in the summarize service, you can quickly and easily shorten the selected text by moving the slider between 1% and 100%. As you move it, the text will magically get shorter, while at the same time keeping the basic meaning of the text that you originally selected. The service is so accurate that it's sometimes scary.
When you're done, you can save your summarized text by closing out the window -- you will be asked to save or discard. The result is a .rtf file.
Want more tips and tricks like this? Visit TUAW's Mac 101 section today!
Have you ever been reading a long article and wished you could somehow magically make it shorter? With a Mac OS X service called...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update