Boxee alpha boasts API, Hulu-stomping browser and Pandora
Tonight's new release brings in some new features and workarounds to existing services:
- The excellent music service, Pandora, is now built-into boxee, using the new boxee API
- Speaking of the API, it should now be easier than ever for users to contribute add-ons to the project to integrate new service
- BoxeeHQ has launched its PBS App Box app. It's pretty solid and provides access to many of public broadcasting's best content
- A new XUL-based browser for Hulu and other content. This is big, because XUL is the framework that Mozilla uses for Firefox, meaning, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to restrict access to RSS streams accessed by boxee.
- RadioTime support for over 100,000 terrestrial radio stations that can be streamed worldwide.
And of course, controlling boxee is now even easier using the free remote for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free