Adium 1.4 beta brings Twitter support and other goodies
Our favorite multi-service messaging client, Adium has issued two awesome updates. For OS X 10.4 Tiger users, or users who just want to use the most "stable" Adium release, the team has released Adium 1.3.4. This version boasts and updated core library and an updated Facebook chat plugin. The Adium blog states that this will likely be the last update for OS X 10.4 Tiger users.
If you're running OS X 10.5 Leopard and you want to get a taste of some new Adium features, the first beta of Adium 1.4 is also now available. The big news with Adium 1.4 is Twitter support! As Megan reported back in March, Twitter support is something the Adium team has been working hard at implementing for quite some time.
In addition to Twitter, Adium 1.4 also supports IRC, enhanced group messaging (independent styles and whatnot) and a slew of other improvements and enhancements. You can check out the whole list here.
I haven't really been able to try out the Twitter integration, because I think I follow too many people (Adium crashed after the 2000 or so Growl notifications went haywire), but it looks like a great way to at the very least integrate all of your messaging profiles in one place.
What are your thoughts on the new Adium beta?
Our favorite multi-service messaging client, Adium has issued two awesome updates. For OS X 10.4 Tiger users, or users who just want to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free