Capture Skype video calls with SkypeCap for Mac 3.0
The recently released SkypeCap for Mac 3.0 is able to capture both audio and video chats from Skype, and since it taps into the Skype video stream you can open other windows on your Mac without capturing them as well. The application also converts the captured video into a number of formats, including MP4, .swf, and .flv.
If you're in the market for a Skype audio/video recorder, you may want to look at SkypeCap. However, the price tag (US$49.95) of the application is a bit out of line for what it does. CallRecorder also captures Skype video at a third of the price (US$14.95), and has a good reputation as a solid program.
Do you capture Skype video calls? If so, what's your favorite Mac application for grabbing them? Leave a comment below.
Update: Looks like we jumped the gun on this one. Version 2.1 is the only version available for purchase and download at this time.
[via MacTech News]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station