Camtasia coming to Mac on August 25th
If you're wavering on the edge of switching to the Mac as a consequence of the impending release of Windows 7, this may be news that will push you over that edge. In the Windows world, there's an extremely popular app for recording, editing, and publishing screencasts. That application is Camtasia Studio, and today developer TechSmith finally let the world know when the Mac version of Camtasia is going to see light.
Beginning August 25th, you'll be able to purchase Camtasia for Mac for only $99. TechSmith plans on keeping this introductory price until the end of 2009, after which the price will bounce up to $149.
Details of the Camtasia for Mac release are still extremely sketchy, but TechSmith promises to spill more beans about what the app will do over the next couple of weeks. You can sign up for email updates on the website, or follow the Visual Lounge Blog to get more info.
It'll be interesting to see how Camtasia for Mac fares against the existing screencasting champ, ScreenFlow, also available for US$99 and much more established in the Mac community. While we're waiting for Camtasia, why don't you tell us about your favorite screencasting application? Leave a comment below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free