iPod touch gets more storage and speed
8GB version: $199
The 8GB iPod Touch still has the same internals as before, but a significant drop in price makes it much more affordable for all of you iPod gamers.
32GB: $299, 64GB: $399
Both the 32GB and 64GB received internal upgrades and support for OpenGL|ES 2.0. We don't have hardware specifics as of yet, but Apple says that it will be "Up to 50% faster" than the previous iPod touch. That should put it somewhere around the same speed of the iPhone 3GS.
Apple has really stressed the gaming experience of the iPod touch, and for good reason. There are a lot of companies tripping over each other to get a piece of the Apple pie. Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Tapulous and Gameloft were at the event showing off some new games that will run beautifully on the new iPod touch handhelds. Happy Gaming!
As we saw earlier, Apple announced new iPod touch models today. They'll include both lower price points and significant internal...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs