Hands-on with the new Apple Remote
Like many of the others at TUAW who really wanted to see this remote, I got my new Apple Remote a few days ago, and here are some of my impressions.
It's noticeably bigger than the old Apple Remote. It feels nice in your hand, and it also won't be as easy to lose. It's also very thin, and has a tapered design just like the iPod nano has.
It sure looks a lot like the unibody MacBook Pro, and some other Apple product recently released. The buttons are black and made of plastic, while the rest is made of aluminum.
It does have one extra button than the old one. It's the Play/Pause button, however, there's still a button in the center, like the old remote, that still does the same thing as the play/pause button below it.
It's just a remote, but it just might make a great little gift for the holidays.
What do you think of this remote? Let us know in the comments below!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options