Heads Up: Update your Apple TV to 3.0.1 ASAP, says Apple
We've heard a few reports of sync issues with the new Apple TV 3.0 software over the past few days, and apparently the chatter on the Apple support boards was on the mark: Apple has shipped 3.0.1, which is supposed to fix problems where 3.0 units would unexpectedly dump all their loaded content. You can get all the details from Apple's tech note. [According to our commenters, in most cases the content was not gone, simply invisible; a reboot of the ATV might bring back the media.]
Since it's a giant pain to resync gigabytes of media over the network link, it's nice to see this fixed promptly.... but considering that the Apple TV 3.0 update was billed as a major improvement to Apple's 'hobby,' this bug is not going to make any fans out of Apple TV foes.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter