Psystar's predictions... they're a bit off
More and more information is coming out about Psystar and their legal issues with Apple. Some new documents have been leaked with some numbers and predictions from Psystar themselves.
According to these documents, the company planned on selling 1.45 million Mac clone computers by 2011. The actual number sold so far: 768. What's even better is that these numbers are their "conservative" estimates. If you take a look at their more aggressive numbers, Psystar plans to sell 12 million by the end of 2012. Yes, you read that correctly: 12 million.
With the legal issues still ramping up, we can only expect to see even more (comical) news coming from the failed Mac clone company. Psystar even has gone so far as to say the battle is only helping them, keeping other clone makers from entering the market to "avoid the mess."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Camera+ 5 adds 'The Lab' in free update (Updated)
- Scout iOS navigation app is updated with hands-free voice commands
- Just in time for the holidays, iBooks Store adds the ability to send iBooks as gifts
- Just Sing It update polishes the best social karaoke app for singers, fans
- Evernote adds new premium features including business card scanning and presentation modes
- Dropbox updates to support PDF annotations and better integration with iWork