iSlate has a friend -- meet the mysterious Magic Slate
The slates just keep coming. Now MacRumors is reporting that Apple has filed a trademark for a device called "Magic Slate."
Back in October a multi-touch trackpad was rumored to be making an appearance but it never materialized. If Apple does still plan on releasing the device, it would fit in nicely with the "Magic"-peripheral theme. Now, where's that trademark for "Magic Keyboard"?The term was categorized broadly to cover computers, computer peripherals, computer hardware and much more. "Magic Slate" adopts a similar naming convention to the recently released multi-touch Magic Mouse from Apple. It's not hard to imagine that a "Magic Slate" would be a multi-touch peripheral for computers, much like the multi-touch iGesture Pad released by Fingerworks before their acquisition by Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app