iSlate has a friend -- meet the mysterious Magic Slate
The slates just keep coming. Now MacRumors is reporting that Apple has filed a trademark for a device called "Magic Slate."
Back in October a multi-touch trackpad was rumored to be making an appearance but it never materialized. If Apple does still plan on releasing the device, it would fit in nicely with the "Magic"-peripheral theme. Now, where's that trademark for "Magic Keyboard"?The term was categorized broadly to cover computers, computer peripherals, computer hardware and much more. "Magic Slate" adopts a similar naming convention to the recently released multi-touch Magic Mouse from Apple. It's not hard to imagine that a "Magic Slate" would be a multi-touch peripheral for computers, much like the multi-touch iGesture Pad released by Fingerworks before their acquisition by Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync