Found Footage: Bose headphones grafted onto Apple inline remote
Our buddies over at Engadget turned us on to this short video, in which modder Freddy Deeble created a sonic hybrid -- a pair of Bose headphones using an Apple inline remote.
If you're handy with a pair of wire cutters, a small screwdriver, and a soldering iron, then you can mimic how Mr. Deeble achieved the best of both worlds with his little mod. Not only does he get better audio quality from the over-the-ear Bose 'phones than he would from a standard pair of Apple earbuds or in-ear headphones, but he also gets to keep that sweet little inline "squeezably soft" remote.
TUAW, of course, takes no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your Bose headphones, your Apple earbuds with remote, or yourself if you do this. And your warranties? Consider 'em gone... Enjoy the video, and stay safe, kids.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free