Found Footage: Bose headphones grafted onto Apple inline remote
Our buddies over at Engadget turned us on to this short video, in which modder Freddy Deeble created a sonic hybrid -- a pair of Bose headphones using an Apple inline remote.
If you're handy with a pair of wire cutters, a small screwdriver, and a soldering iron, then you can mimic how Mr. Deeble achieved the best of both worlds with his little mod. Not only does he get better audio quality from the over-the-ear Bose 'phones than he would from a standard pair of Apple earbuds or in-ear headphones, but he also gets to keep that sweet little inline "squeezably soft" remote.
TUAW, of course, takes no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your Bose headphones, your Apple earbuds with remote, or yourself if you do this. And your warranties? Consider 'em gone... Enjoy the video, and stay safe, kids.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync