Found Footage: Bose headphones grafted onto Apple inline remote
Our buddies over at Engadget turned us on to this short video, in which modder Freddy Deeble created a sonic hybrid -- a pair of Bose headphones using an Apple inline remote.
If you're handy with a pair of wire cutters, a small screwdriver, and a soldering iron, then you can mimic how Mr. Deeble achieved the best of both worlds with his little mod. Not only does he get better audio quality from the over-the-ear Bose 'phones than he would from a standard pair of Apple earbuds or in-ear headphones, but he also gets to keep that sweet little inline "squeezably soft" remote.
TUAW, of course, takes no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your Bose headphones, your Apple earbuds with remote, or yourself if you do this. And your warranties? Consider 'em gone... Enjoy the video, and stay safe, kids.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options