Rumor: Aperture 3 release imminent?
Here's another possible item for Apple to announce at the January 27th event (if there is an event...).
Photography pros have been waiting for a new version of Apple's Aperture for way too long. A Google search of the term "Aperture 3" shows that as long as a year ago, there were many impatient photographers who were hoping for a new release of Apple's pro photography application. The existing version, Aperture 2, was released on February 12, 2008 and last updated to version 2.1.4 on August 27, 2009.
According to a post on Dutch website One More Thing, the wait might be over soon. Several Dutch photography sites are listing a book about Aperture 3 with mid-February availability dates. Aperture 3, by author Johan Elzenga, is a Dutch-language book and is listed for availability on February 15th.
A quick search of Amazon.com and other U.S. booksellers showed no similar texts in the works for the near future, but the Dutch discovery may mean that the long wait for a new release of Aperture is nearing its end.
Thanks to Tim for the tip!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs