DiscCloud teams up with Attevo to provide remote home folder service
The toolset provides login and sync for remote users on their Macs, with all their data stored in VMDK files back in the home data center for easy backup and management. Unlike terminal services (Citrix-esque) solutions for distributed user populations, this approach preserves the application performance of the local machine while only sending the changed data back and forth to maintain synchronization between the user and the servers.
DiscCloud is teaming up with integrators/consultants Attevo to provide service packages for companies and institutions that are interested in implementing this approach. See the video below for a short demo.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle