Macworld 2010: Kanex shows HDMI to Mini DisplayPort for iMac input
I stopped by the Kanex (pronounced "connects," I soon learned) booth to check out their latest product offering: an adapter that lets you plug external HD video (and audio) sources into your 27-inch iMac, which was honored with a Macworld Expo Best In Show award. They demoed the product playing video from a Blu-Ray DVD player, and Xbox 360 and a PlayStation 3, and it all looked great. The video is converted from HDMI to DisplayPort format with no upscaling, and the results are quite impressive. The hardware is compact with a solid enclosure, which I always appreciate. It's planned for launch in April, and will be available for $149.US.
Kanex also demoed some of their existing offerings, which include a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter with digital audio support and video at 1080p ($69), and a similar adapter with a USB audio device for analog audio ($59). Both are worth a look, especially if you're planning on (or already are) using a Mac as part of your home theater.
I stopped by the Kanex (pronounced "connects," I soon learned) booth to check out their latest product offering: an adapter that lets you...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs