Macworld 2010: TUAW interviews Tim Hickman of Hard Candy Cases
Hard Candy Cases runs a booth right across from ours here at Macworld 2010, so when they offered to come on the livestream and show us their cases for laptops and the upcoming iPad, we gladly accepted. Co-founder Tim Hickman brought along a bubbleshell MacBook case to show us, and talked a little bit about the kinds of protection and style his cases bring to your favorite Apple gear (I offered to hit his MacBook with a hammer for testing purposes, but he said they were really meant for bumps and scratches only).
We also chatted about their iPad cases, and how you design and produce retail cases for a device that you haven't actually seen in person yet; apparently they took hundreds of pictures of the iPad keynote, measured the iPad dimensions up against a real-life wristwatch, and even "obtained" some manufacturing plans from somewhere in China. Very interesting stuff -- give it a watch below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app