Ahoy! Celebrity Cruise Lines welcomes an Apple Store on board
Passengers will also be able to sign up for courses in iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, and iWeb. Two other new ships are coming on line in 2011 and 2012, and both will have the iLounge aboard.
Celebrity operates ships that cruise to Alaska, The Caribbean, Europe, South America, Canada and New England.
This isn't the first time Macs have gone to sea. Back in 2008 we reported on Macs being installed on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines for passenger use. Macs are also showing up in hotels and other places where tourists gather.
It sounds like a cool idea. Note to potential passengers: check out those internet costs when aboard. They are just a bit high.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features