The iMaxi: someone had to do it
What can I say? Who didn't see this one coming? Hip Handmaidens, a company that sells handcrafted wares "born out of a bizarre group of talented housewives," has created the iMaxi -- the only Apple iPad case with protective wings. You know, I could describe the case to you, but I think Hip Handmaidens have hit all the puns and innuendo possible:
"With its durable vinyl outer layer and plush, quilted-cotton sleeve, the iMaxi helps keep your iPad clean and dry. Plus, the iMaxi's Velcro-latched, advanced wing design wraps snugly around your device, so your iPad always stays where it should. Best of all, it shields it from all those unsightly and embarrassing data leaks that would make any motherboard worry!"
Want to hear something even more disturbing? They offer the option of a special blood red threading for that "lived in" look.
The perfect Mother's Day gift anyone? I didn't think so.
UPDATE: Some of the commenters mistakenly believe the "blood red" iMaxi was Photoshopped by TUAW as some childish joke. It was not. Please see here and here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows