The iMaxi: someone had to do it
What can I say? Who didn't see this one coming? Hip Handmaidens, a company that sells handcrafted wares "born out of a bizarre group of talented housewives," has created the iMaxi -- the only Apple iPad case with protective wings. You know, I could describe the case to you, but I think Hip Handmaidens have hit all the puns and innuendo possible:
"With its durable vinyl outer layer and plush, quilted-cotton sleeve, the iMaxi helps keep your iPad clean and dry. Plus, the iMaxi's Velcro-latched, advanced wing design wraps snugly around your device, so your iPad always stays where it should. Best of all, it shields it from all those unsightly and embarrassing data leaks that would make any motherboard worry!"
Want to hear something even more disturbing? They offer the option of a special blood red threading for that "lived in" look.
The perfect Mother's Day gift anyone? I didn't think so.
UPDATE: Some of the commenters mistakenly believe the "blood red" iMaxi was Photoshopped by TUAW as some childish joke. It was not. Please see here and here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free