The iMaxi: someone had to do it
What can I say? Who didn't see this one coming? Hip Handmaidens, a company that sells handcrafted wares "born out of a bizarre group of talented housewives," has created the iMaxi -- the only Apple iPad case with protective wings. You know, I could describe the case to you, but I think Hip Handmaidens have hit all the puns and innuendo possible:
"With its durable vinyl outer layer and plush, quilted-cotton sleeve, the iMaxi helps keep your iPad clean and dry. Plus, the iMaxi's Velcro-latched, advanced wing design wraps snugly around your device, so your iPad always stays where it should. Best of all, it shields it from all those unsightly and embarrassing data leaks that would make any motherboard worry!"
Want to hear something even more disturbing? They offer the option of a special blood red threading for that "lived in" look.
The perfect Mother's Day gift anyone? I didn't think so.
UPDATE: Some of the commenters mistakenly believe the "blood red" iMaxi was Photoshopped by TUAW as some childish joke. It was not. Please see here and here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)