No more accidental Caps Lock with CapSee
If you've ever accidentally turned on your Caps Lock key and caused some trouble, Threemagination's utility CapSee may be just what you're looking for. It simply displays a bezel notification on your screen when you hit the Caps Lock key, reminding you that Caps Lock is on. It's free, and useful for anyone who might need such a reminder.
Threemagination has just released the latest version of CapSee, which adds the ability to hide the menu icon and make CapSee as unobtrusive as you like.
Personally, I always remap my Caps Lock key to an Option key in my System Preferences (go to the Keyboard pane and look in the lower right for the Modifier Keys button). OS X also provides a small icon in password dialogs that lets you know you've got Caps Lock on. There are, I'm sure, plenty of people who actually use Caps Lock for legitimate purposes, which is where CapSee shines. If you're suffering from Accidental Caps Lock Syndrome, give it a shot.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app