Valve calls for Steam for Mac beta testers
Several readers tipped us off yesterday that Valve has put the call out to Mac beta testers. To be considered for the Steam for Mac beta you simply need to go to the Mac beta page and log in using your Steam account user name and password. If you don't have one, you can quickly register. Once logged in, you'll be shown a questionnaire form detailing what kind and how many Macs you own, if you own a PC or gaming console, and how many games you've purchased in the last twelve months. After that, you'll need to upload a text file of your System Profile information so they can get a complete idea of your Mac setup.
"We are going to conduct a closed beta for testing of the Mac client and Mac versions of Valve games," Valve wrote on its website. "Participants will be selected to provide broad coverage of testing criteria. Please be honest in your answers as we need to test all types of users, systems, and software configurations."
Valve first teased about Mac games coming to Steam in a series of Apple ad-inspired images at the beginning of March with the official announcement just days later. Steam for Mac is a huge win for the Apple platform as gaming on the Mac has always been seen as one of the Mac's weakest links. Steam for Mac will be released in April.
Several readers tipped us off yesterday that Valve has put the call out to Mac beta testers. To be considered for the Steam for Mac beta...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs