TUAW Exclusive: Element Case launches the Joule, a luxury iPad stand
We covered the iPhone cases from Element Case a couple of years ago, and I was impressed with their build quality and design. Now they've released a beautiful aluminum stand called the Joule for the iPad. As you can see from the gallery, the Joule is simplicity itself: a machined and polished cylinder of aluminum with a leg in the back for stabilization. There are three holes to customize the angle of tilt on the iPad and the device itself rests in a velvet-lined groove. We've got a review unit on the way and we'll be giving some away soon, so stay tuned for that. You can also have the Joule in polished aluminum (seen above) or anodized black, plus they'll zap your logo or almost whatever on the thing with a laser -- for a fee.
Meanwhile, you can buy a Joule here for $129. The first 100 TUAW readers to order with a promo code can purchase the Joule for $99. The promo code is: TUAWJ1
Check back for a full review and the giveaway early next week. Until then, enjoy the gallery.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter