Joypad turns your iPhone into wireless video game controller
Do you love playing classic games via emulators on your Mac but hate using the keyboard to control those 8-bit heroes? Joypad is just what you've been waiting for. The simple app lets you use your iPod touch or iPhone as a classic joystick controller for game emulators on your Mac.
To use it, just download the US$2 Joypad app from the App Store. Next, download the free Joypad Connect software for Mac OS X 10.5 and above. Then simply launch Joypad on your iPhone and Joypad Connect on your computer. From Joypad Connect, select your iPhone or iPod touch from the list and get ready to feel like it's 1987 all over again! You don't need to be in range of a Wi-Fi network for Joypad to work. The app will work just fine over an ad-hoc network between your iPhone and Mac.
Here's hoping we see an Xbox 360 controller version of Joypad for when Steam launches on the Mac later this month.
[via Cult of Mac]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync