Apple.com's Downloads page being updated again
If you look at the All Categories: Most Recent list, you will see almost two pages of apps were updated yesterday.
Apple redesigned the Apple.com website in early March, which included the removal of the downloads link from the home page. At first this seemed like just a redesign issue, but then Apple stopped updating the downloads page altogether.
Many developers wrote in to say that traffic had dropped off significantly after this happened. Others commented that they had always used the Apple download page to find new software.
So what happened during the hiatus? My guess is that even a company with Apple's financial resources occasionally hits limits. Given that Apple links to the downloads page on every Mac via the Apple Menu » Mac OS X Software... link in the menu bar, I couldn't imagine them abandoning it altogether. Glad to see it's back.
Thanks to TUAW reader Wayne Beyea for sending this in.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options