iPad running SNES, controlled with a Wiimote
I can't think of many things that top playing Super Mario Kart and being behind someone while in possession of the red turtle shell. Oh wait, I can: it's playing Super Mario Kart on your iPad and using your WiiMote to shoot the red turtle shell at those in front of you.
Provided you have a jailbroken iPad and the latest version of snes4iphone, you too can use your WiiMote to control Mario, Yoshi, Samus and the rest of the Nintendo gang.
You'll first need to install version 7.0 of snes4iphone, which provides support for the WiiMote via BTStack. The jailbroken app can be purchased for US$5.99 at the Cydia store. As jailbreaking is required to install Cydia and non-App store apps, you'll first need to jailbreak your iPad.
Fortunately, there's "Spirit," a recently released untethered jailbreak option iPhone OS 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and 3.2 devices. However, the Spirt team notes that "On iPad, all this is still sort of beta," so proceed with caution.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs