TUAW's Daily App: Umbrella Today
Umbrella Today is a site that answers that question for you. It's the brainchild of tech consultant firm thoughtbot. All you have to do is punch in your ZIP code, and you will get a yes or no answer as to whether you'll need to bring that umbrella or not. Of course, you're not always near a computer, so they've turned the site into an iPhone app. The app will not only answer the question, but it will even provide scheduled alerts or push notifications when you need to carry that umbrella.
I love it -- it's simple, practical, and effective. The app is US$1.99, but even if you have an issue with that price, you can set up an email alert on the site for free. Still, a one-time payment of $2 is cheap for never being caught empty-handed in the rain again.
Last fall, I moved out here to Southern California, and while I don't mean to brag, my concerns about the weather outside have fallen...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements