TUAW's Daily App: Crazy Test
Some of the best apps are born from the wackiest ideas, and while Crazy Test probably isn't one of the best apps on the App Store, it is a wacky idea. Tactile Entertainment has been working on their Pocket Creatures title, but while goofing off (I suppose), they've put together this WarioWare-inspired bit of silliness. Basically, Crazy Test consists of a series of absurd mini games; some of them have you swiping the touchscreen in various ways, some of them have you tapping in certain places, and some even have you shaking the iPhone or iPod touch. Each "test" gives you a goal and then only a quick few seconds to figure out how to do it correctly.
The only caveat I'd put on this one is that Crazy Test really is crazy, so come with a sense of humor. The app has quite a bit of silly, nonsensical violence and various bathroom-related jokes. There's nothing you couldn't see on TV these days, but if you're easily offended by childish jokes, steer clear (Tactile's Denmark-based European sensibilities probably play a factor as well). Otherwise, Crazy Test is an amusing time. While it seems like there might not be too much variety at first, the mini games eventually start showing off new wrinkles the more you play with them. It's not for everybody, but if you enjoy a little absurdity with your iPhone gaming, you'll find it's well worth the buck.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update