iPod touch with camera shows up in Vietnam
The Apple sieve continues to leak as a new prototype shows up in Vietnam and promptly hits the web. This time, it's an iPod touch with a 2 megapixel camera. For now, only the iPhone and iPod nano have cameras.
Tinhte has the story once again (you'll remember they posted photo and video of a 4G iPhone). In the video above, the prototype is seen running a diagnostic utility, from which we can glean that it's got 64GB of storage, a 2 megapixel camera and a backside illuminated sensor built by Omnivision. It also behaves as expected when connected to a Mac. The "DVT-1" stamp on the back identifies this as a pre-production unit most likely produced for testing.
It was reported by the Associated Press last week that a pair of mobile phone vendors were responsible for the iPhone prototype leak, but it's unclear how this one found its way to Tinhte. What is clear is that Apple's security isn't what it used to be.
You'll find a gallery of images at Engadget.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration