iTunes Store now shows Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer reviews for movies
Apple has quietly added Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer ratings and reviews for movies in the iTunes Store. Rotten Tomatoes is one of the most popular movie review sites on the web. It uses reviews from top critics and film societies to produce Tomatometer ratings -- a percentage-based rating of a movie derived from the averages of all the reviews of the film.
iTunes' integrated Rotten Tomatoes ratings presents the movie's prospective buyers and renters with the Tomatometer chart featuring the total count of reviews along with a fresh/rotten breakdown and the average rating. Viewers are also shown four review snippets from Top Critic reviewers, followed by a link to the movies page on RottenTomatoes.com.
Thanks to reader Eric Zigler who sent this in.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter