Video tribute to the Get a Mac ad campaign
Last month we reported that Justin Long, who plays Mac in the Get a Mac ads, hinted that the advertising campaign had come to an end. Now it seems confirmed; the ads, first broadcast in 2006, can't even be found on the Apple page. Instead, the usual link now takes you to a page explaining the reasons that you should buy a Mac.
OneMoreThingPodcast has put together this fitting tribute to the many 30 second gems that have amused us over the last five years. I'm sure you'll find some of your favorite highlights in the video. So, I suppose it's back to making movies for Long, and back to The Daily Show for John Hodgman (an Apple user for over 20 years), giving up the role of PC.
Rest in peace, Get a Mac campaign. You were a good soldier.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration