Video tribute to the Get a Mac ad campaign
Last month we reported that Justin Long, who plays Mac in the Get a Mac ads, hinted that the advertising campaign had come to an end. Now it seems confirmed; the ads, first broadcast in 2006, can't even be found on the Apple page. Instead, the usual link now takes you to a page explaining the reasons that you should buy a Mac.
OneMoreThingPodcast has put together this fitting tribute to the many 30 second gems that have amused us over the last five years. I'm sure you'll find some of your favorite highlights in the video. So, I suppose it's back to making movies for Long, and back to The Daily Show for John Hodgman (an Apple user for over 20 years), giving up the role of PC.
Rest in peace, Get a Mac campaign. You were a good soldier.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter