Sort your crashlogs with Hazel
I've been on a bit of a Hazel kick lately. I wrote a short shell script that will sort my Crash Logs.
#!/bin/sh ### Get the name of the app APP=`/bin/echo $1 | /usr/bin/sed 's#_.*##g'` ### make a directory /bin/mkdir -p "$APP" ### move the log into the directory /bin/mv -n "$1" "$APP" ### done! exit 0
Add this rule to the folder ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. The rules above tell Hazel to only run on crash logs older than today, in case you need to do anything with it such as send it to the developer.
UPDATE: Note that the developer of Hazel left a comment below showing how to do this without a script.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync