Sort your crashlogs with Hazel
I've been on a bit of a Hazel kick lately. I wrote a short shell script that will sort my Crash Logs.
#!/bin/sh ### Get the name of the app APP=`/bin/echo $1 | /usr/bin/sed 's#_.*##g'` ### make a directory /bin/mkdir -p "$APP" ### move the log into the directory /bin/mv -n "$1" "$APP" ### done! exit 0
Add this rule to the folder ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. The rules above tell Hazel to only run on crash logs older than today, in case you need to do anything with it such as send it to the developer.
UPDATE: Note that the developer of Hazel left a comment below showing how to do this without a script.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter