TUAW's Daily App: Pocket Creatures
I got to play with Pocket Creatures back at GDC earlier this year, and the app is now out in the App Store. The game turned out well -- you oversee a tiny creature with various needs and attitudes, placed on a small tropical island full of various things to find and combine and play with. The game is super low pressure -- there are items to find and collect, and small tablets in the game push you along a bit, but you can explore and experiment at your own pace just for fun. The game's already gotten a 1.1 update with lots of ninja-based accessories and toys, and we can probably lots more free updates to come.
The game is $2.99, but with almost endless possibilities to explore and more content to come, it's an excellent buy. I haven't seen it running on the iPad yet, but I bet it looks even better over there. If this kind of gameplay appeals to you at all, definitely give it a look.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free