TUAW's Daily App: Pocket Creatures
I got to play with Pocket Creatures back at GDC earlier this year, and the app is now out in the App Store. The game turned out well -- you oversee a tiny creature with various needs and attitudes, placed on a small tropical island full of various things to find and combine and play with. The game is super low pressure -- there are items to find and collect, and small tablets in the game push you along a bit, but you can explore and experiment at your own pace just for fun. The game's already gotten a 1.1 update with lots of ninja-based accessories and toys, and we can probably lots more free updates to come.
The game is $2.99, but with almost endless possibilities to explore and more content to come, it's an excellent buy. I haven't seen it running on the iPad yet, but I bet it looks even better over there. If this kind of gameplay appeals to you at all, definitely give it a look.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app