WWDC 2010: Second, third generation iPod touch gets free update to iOS4
Apple's quirky accounting for iPhone sales -- which the company cited as a reason it was able to offer free updates for those devices, but not for the all-the-profit-at-once iPod touch units -- has been left behind, so now the equal playing field includes all the iDevices. Enjoy your upgrade!
Did I say "all?" Sorry -- only the 2nd & 3rd generation iPod touch need apply. The new OS won't run on the first-gen devices.
Updated to include 2nd and 3rd generation devices.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options