New Apple Stores for Paris, Shanghai
Two new Apple Stores are nearing completion, and they both look fantastic. The first one is in Shanghai, China. Much like the famed 5th Avenue Store in New York City, this location is underground and topped by a mass of glass. It sits at the base of two skyscrapers, both 1,000 feet tall, and is topped by a huge cylinder of glass. You can see the structure in the video above, draped in grey cloth. Watch as the camera operator moves in close; a floating Apple logo is clearly visible. Unfortunately, there's no solid opening date for this location.
Meanwhile, curtains have also been employed in Paris, France, where the grand opening of the Opéra (Paris) retail store is just weeks away. Why the name" Opéra" and theatrical curtains? Because this store is just across the street (almost) from the city's iconic Opera House.
This isn't the first time Apple has gone with a theme to obscure the facade of a store in progress. Before Boston's Boylston Street location opened, its storefront was decorated to resemble Fenway Park's Green Monster. Good luck to the crews working on these projects! If you're in the area and you snap a picture, please let us know.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)