New Apple Stores for Paris, Shanghai
Two new Apple Stores are nearing completion, and they both look fantastic. The first one is in Shanghai, China. Much like the famed 5th Avenue Store in New York City, this location is underground and topped by a mass of glass. It sits at the base of two skyscrapers, both 1,000 feet tall, and is topped by a huge cylinder of glass. You can see the structure in the video above, draped in grey cloth. Watch as the camera operator moves in close; a floating Apple logo is clearly visible. Unfortunately, there's no solid opening date for this location.
Meanwhile, curtains have also been employed in Paris, France, where the grand opening of the Opéra (Paris) retail store is just weeks away. Why the name" Opéra" and theatrical curtains? Because this store is just across the street (almost) from the city's iconic Opera House.
This isn't the first time Apple has gone with a theme to obscure the facade of a store in progress. Before Boston's Boylston Street location opened, its storefront was decorated to resemble Fenway Park's Green Monster. Good luck to the crews working on these projects! If you're in the area and you snap a picture, please let us know.
Two new Apple Stores are nearing completion, and they both look fantastic. The first one is in Shanghai, China. Much like the famed 5th...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements