Team Fortress 2 out for Mac Steam
Valve has released Team Fortress 2 for the Mac, along with a funny little video trailer highlighting the old PC vs. Mac fanboy wars (and a great comic featuring the TF2 characters' first visit to the Apple Store). If you've never played TF2, you're in for a treat -- it's a multiplayer team-based shooter with a beautiful art style, excellent balance, and a great sense of humor. If you're a shooter fan, it's definitely a must-play, and even if you're only into the top tier of shooters, it's worth checking out.
And Valve is hoping you'll do just that -- the game is half-off right now, and this weekend, they're offering up a free weekend of play, so you can download the game on the Steam client, and give it a go through Sunday for absolutely free. It's not like the Portal deal, where you'll get to keep it forever, but if you like it this weekend, the full game is a steal at US$10, or you can get it with the whole Orange Box (which includes Half-Life and its two episodic releases) for $30 total. TF2 on the Mac? These are wondrous days we live in.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature