Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter hits the US in September for $299
Earlier this year at Macword Expo in San Francisco, we were quite impressed with the Parrot AR.Drone. I mean, it's a big, quad-prop helicopter that you control with an iPhone. Impress your friends. Terrorize younger siblings. Deliver packages. What's not to love?
The company's representatives were able to answer all but two of our questions: When can we buy one and what will it cost? Now, we finally have the answers. According to the manufacturer's website, this thing will swoop onto US retail shelves in September of 2010 with a MSRP of US$299.
A pricey toy, for sure, but a fun one. The four props easily lift it off of the ground and the iPhone controls are a lot of fun once you've got things figured out. One of the standout features is the Drone's ability to monitor its position above the ground and hover there, thanks to on-board cameras.
Click the link below to watch the video of us flying the Drone around. We only crashed it a couple of times.
Earlier this year at Macword Expo in San Francisco, we were quite impressed with the Parrot AR.Drone. I mean, it's a big, quad-prop...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved