Open source BitTorrent application Transmission updated to 2.0
While Transmission is a cross-platform, open source application, the developers continue to focus on making it feel like a native OS X app, and Transmission feels right at home with all of the other Mac-only applications I use every day. Mac users can now paste trackers into the Create window, magnet links will open the Add Transfer window, and the Compact View replaces the Minimal View to use less screen real estate.
Thanks to both its lightweight nature and its adherence to OS X design conventions, Transmission is one of the easiest torrent clients I've used. It accomplishes this ease-of-use without sacrificing the power features like scheduled bandwidth limiting, a Web interface for remotely controlling torrent activity, and port configuration; all of these features can be found in the well-organized Preferences.
Transmission, the lightweight, open source, and free BitTorrent client we've written about in the past, recently released version 2.0....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client