Open source BitTorrent application Transmission updated to 2.0
While Transmission is a cross-platform, open source application, the developers continue to focus on making it feel like a native OS X app, and Transmission feels right at home with all of the other Mac-only applications I use every day. Mac users can now paste trackers into the Create window, magnet links will open the Add Transfer window, and the Compact View replaces the Minimal View to use less screen real estate.
Thanks to both its lightweight nature and its adherence to OS X design conventions, Transmission is one of the easiest torrent clients I've used. It accomplishes this ease-of-use without sacrificing the power features like scheduled bandwidth limiting, a Web interface for remotely controlling torrent activity, and port configuration; all of these features can be found in the well-organized Preferences.
Transmission, the lightweight, open source, and free BitTorrent client we've written about in the past, recently released version 2.0....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype