iPad 101: Restriction settings
Open the general settings and click Restrictions. You'll have to create a special 4-digit pass code; pick one the kids can't guess. From there you can disable access to Safari, YouTube, iTunes, location notification and the ability to install apps.
In addition, you can disable in-app purchases and limit TV shows, movies, podcasts and apps by rating or explicit content warning.
It's not perfect and won't deter determined kids for long, but setting this up will offer some peace of mind.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync