First look: Exogear ExoLife battery case for iPhone 4
One of the more eagerly anticipated accessories for just about any new phone is an extended-life battery case. One of the first out of the gate for the new iPhone 4 is the Exogear ExoLife rechargeable battery case (US$89.95). It's only available for pre-order at this time, but is expected to start shipping on July 30.
The ExoLife has several features that should make iPhone 4 owners clamor for it -- a 1500-mAh Lithium-ion polymer battery that should be able to recharge the phone once, a hard polycarbonate shell to keep your baby from getting scratched and dented, a regular USB 2.0 to micro-USB cable for charging and syncing, and something called ExoClear technology to help you avoid the dreaded Grip of Death.
The ExoLife also has a feature to turn off the battery when it's not being used, as well as a thin blue LED battery meter on the back. As you can see in the photo above, the case is relatively sleek as battery cases go, and looks pretty nice to me, although your personal preference may vary, of course.
Exogear plans on having the black model seen above shipping by July 30th, and a white model will follow by September 30th. The ExoLife will be perfect for running TrailGuru on my iPhone 4 when I'm doing long hikes or bike rides, so I'll be anxious to see one soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox updates to support PDF annotations and better integration with iWork
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents