How to play SNES on your iPad
Unfortunately, as we posted the other day, Nintendo isn't likely to actually allow any Super Nintendo games on your iPad anytime soon. That doesn't technically mean you can't do it, though; if you're willing to jailbreak your iPad and install snes4iPhone, you can experience all of the magical and revolutionary retro console gaming that you want.
The video above from Lifehacker makes it easy; in just four steps, it'll walk you through jailbreaking the iPad with Spirit, installing snes4iPhone with Cydia, getting some ROMs installed, and even syncing up a Bluetooth controller (like a Wii remote, but an iPhone with a compatible app will work as well) to play games with. None of this is new at all, but the guide is quite clear and makes things pretty easy.
Of course, that's only if you want to take the step of jailbreaking your iPad. If you're not willing to do that, you've got to stick with official retro action -- have you seen Streets of Rage yet?
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter