How to play SNES on your iPad
Unfortunately, as we posted the other day, Nintendo isn't likely to actually allow any Super Nintendo games on your iPad anytime soon. That doesn't technically mean you can't do it, though; if you're willing to jailbreak your iPad and install snes4iPhone, you can experience all of the magical and revolutionary retro console gaming that you want.
The video above from Lifehacker makes it easy; in just four steps, it'll walk you through jailbreaking the iPad with Spirit, installing snes4iPhone with Cydia, getting some ROMs installed, and even syncing up a Bluetooth controller (like a Wii remote, but an iPhone with a compatible app will work as well) to play games with. None of this is new at all, but the guide is quite clear and makes things pretty easy.
Of course, that's only if you want to take the step of jailbreaking your iPad. If you're not willing to do that, you've got to stick with official retro action -- have you seen Streets of Rage yet?
Unfortunately, as we posted the other day, Nintendo isn't likely to actually allow any Super Nintendo games on your iPad anytime soon....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client