How to play SNES on your iPad
Unfortunately, as we posted the other day, Nintendo isn't likely to actually allow any Super Nintendo games on your iPad anytime soon. That doesn't technically mean you can't do it, though; if you're willing to jailbreak your iPad and install snes4iPhone, you can experience all of the magical and revolutionary retro console gaming that you want.
The video above from Lifehacker makes it easy; in just four steps, it'll walk you through jailbreaking the iPad with Spirit, installing snes4iPhone with Cydia, getting some ROMs installed, and even syncing up a Bluetooth controller (like a Wii remote, but an iPhone with a compatible app will work as well) to play games with. None of this is new at all, but the guide is quite clear and makes things pretty easy.
Of course, that's only if you want to take the step of jailbreaking your iPad. If you're not willing to do that, you've got to stick with official retro action -- have you seen Streets of Rage yet?
Unfortunately, as we posted the other day, Nintendo isn't likely to actually allow any Super Nintendo games on your iPad anytime soon....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update