Pixelmator 1.6 "Nucleus" released
My Mac photo editor of choice, Pixelmator, has been updated to version 1.6 just recently. It's mostly a performance update, adding performance and bug fixes, support for 64-bit architecture, and a whole lot of polish for Snow Leopard. Additionally, they've redesigned the transforming tools, added an import feature (to bring in images from a camera or another source), and added the ability to send out photos directly from Pixelmator to Facebook, Flickr, or Picasa. That's pretty slick.
And of course this is a free update for registered users, so you can install it from right within the app. If you haven't picked up Pixelmator yet, you can get a license for $60 -- not exactly cheap (or free, if you're a Gimp fan), but when you compare it to another full-featured editor like Photoshop, it's quite a bargain.
My Mac photo editor of choice, Pixelmator, has been updated to version 1.6 just recently. It's mostly a performance update, adding...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements