Elgato Turbo.264 HD Software Edition converts video for iOS devices
Mac fans who work with high definition camcorder clips have been aware of Elgato's Turbo.264 HD for a while -- it's a USB dongle that provides hardware acceleration for editing HD clips without converting them first. Today the company has released a software edition of the hardware device.
The Mac application, known as Turbo.264 HD SE (for Software Edition), is essentially a converter for encoding HD video for consumption on the Web or on other devices. The Software Edition uses sophisticated algorithms to convert standard and high-def files quickly, and can also work in tandem with the Elgato Turbo.264 HD hardware to boost video conversion speeds up to four times. Turbo.264 HD SE is now included with the hardware.
A free trial version of the software, which will only encode the first 3 minutes of your video, is available for download from Elgato. Turbo.264 HD SE is available at the Elgato Online Store for US$49.95, while the Turbo.264 HD is still available for $99.95.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature