Elgato Turbo.264 HD Software Edition converts video for iOS devices
Mac fans who work with high definition camcorder clips have been aware of Elgato's Turbo.264 HD for a while -- it's a USB dongle that provides hardware acceleration for editing HD clips without converting them first. Today the company has released a software edition of the hardware device.
The Mac application, known as Turbo.264 HD SE (for Software Edition), is essentially a converter for encoding HD video for consumption on the Web or on other devices. The Software Edition uses sophisticated algorithms to convert standard and high-def files quickly, and can also work in tandem with the Elgato Turbo.264 HD hardware to boost video conversion speeds up to four times. Turbo.264 HD SE is now included with the hardware.
A free trial version of the software, which will only encode the first 3 minutes of your video, is available for download from Elgato. Turbo.264 HD SE is available at the Elgato Online Store for US$49.95, while the Turbo.264 HD is still available for $99.95.
Mac fans who work with high definition camcorder clips have been aware of Elgato's Turbo.264 HD for a while -- it's a USB dongle that...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free