An iPhone DSLR prototype housing hits snags
A fella over at iPhoneDSLR.com has been working on a prototype housing for the iPhone that allows for attaching Canon EF lenses. Y'know, those big honkin' ones you see on the Canon DSLR cameras. Basically -- in theory, at least -- the iPhone lens focuses through the SLR lens, and you can manually focus and zoom the Canon lens as needed.
Definitely a neat idea, though, if you follow what he's doing, he's hitting a couple of snags. One major one being that the iPhone camera is unable to focus on the image projected by the Canon lens. Though the inventor of the housing admits he's by no means a professional photographer, I'm definitely interested in seeing if he can get the help he needs to get this to work well enough to go to market.
Lots of folks are happy that the new iPhone 4 has an improved camera, coming at us at a snazzy 5MP, a whole two more than its predecessor....
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time