The Wedgepad bean bag stand for the iPad
It only works in landscape mode and can be used in a 30 degree mode which stands the iPad nearly vertically. That's not a great angle for your lap but it's okay for viewing on a table, especially if you are watching a movie and don't need to tap any buttons. I've used it mainly in the 45 degree mode, which is a perfect viewing angle when on your lap. My only complaint is that the white straps make it look a bit cheap, and it appears that it's holding your iPad hostage, but that's nothing that a black Magic Marker can't fix.
You may remember it being announced in May and then tumbling into obscurity. There were production problems, and a small number got shipped, but now there is adequate stock. Pick one up now and you'll get free shipping, too, at least until the end of August.
The Wedgepad ($27 shipping only to the US), taking a cue from Veronica Belmont's Cat stand, is a comfortable iPad stand comprised of a...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements