Picasa find: Finder icon gets a new job on Canon digicam
That poor Finder icon. The Rodney Dangerfield of Apple products, he gets no respect. Heck, he's nowhere to be found on the iPhone or the iPad, and he just sits down in the Dock of the Mac, getting little or no work from anybody.
It's apparent that Mr. Finder has had his fill of Apple and the Mac, as he's now finding work elsewhere. TUAW reader Aleksander found Mr. Finder hanging out on the back of a new Canon A3000IS digital camera, where he's apparently used to enable a face detection function. Sure, the FInder icon has tried to cover up his face by putting on a little makeup to get rid of that two-tone blue tan, and it looks like he may have also gotten a little rhinoplasty, but it's him.
We're wondering just how widespread Mr. Finder's disloyalty to Apple really is. If you happen to find him anywhere else, snap a photo of him, send it to Flickr, and tag it with TUAW so the world will know.
That poor Finder icon. The Rodney Dangerfield of Apple products, he gets no respect. Heck, he's nowhere to be found on the iPhone or the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free