Picasa find: Finder icon gets a new job on Canon digicam
That poor Finder icon. The Rodney Dangerfield of Apple products, he gets no respect. Heck, he's nowhere to be found on the iPhone or the iPad, and he just sits down in the Dock of the Mac, getting little or no work from anybody.
It's apparent that Mr. Finder has had his fill of Apple and the Mac, as he's now finding work elsewhere. TUAW reader Aleksander found Mr. Finder hanging out on the back of a new Canon A3000IS digital camera, where he's apparently used to enable a face detection function. Sure, the FInder icon has tried to cover up his face by putting on a little makeup to get rid of that two-tone blue tan, and it looks like he may have also gotten a little rhinoplasty, but it's him.
We're wondering just how widespread Mr. Finder's disloyalty to Apple really is. If you happen to find him anywhere else, snap a photo of him, send it to Flickr, and tag it with TUAW so the world will know.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter