Navigon has a half off sale on pretty much anything
Has it really been a year since we started reviewing true turn by turn GPS solutions? It's a one year anniversary for Navigon in the App Store, and the company is celebrating the event with a half off sale on almost every nav app and upgrade offered.
Here's a breakdown:
MobileNavigator North America (includes maps for Canada & US): US $39.99 instead of $79.99
MobileNavigator USA: $24.99 instead of $49.99
MobileNavigator Canada: $29.99 instead of $59.99
MobileNavigator US MyRegion East, Central or West: $14.99 instead of $29.99, additional regions $11.99 instead of $14.99.
Traffic Live lifetime subscription: $12.99 instead of $19.99
Panorama View 3D: $4.99 instead of $9.99
This isn't the first sale Navigon has had, and it's probably not the last, but these are good prices for what I consider the best of the nav apps. Frankly, I think the sale prices should be permanent, but most of the competition has settled on $60-80 for the North American versions. The TomTom and Magellan apps are $59.99 for the US and Canada versions. Both are excellent programs.
There are apps with fewer features for less money, and some like Waze that are free. It's a good time to jump into the GPS pool, and whatever you buy it will be a lot cheaper than the factory installed models that often don't have the features of these iPhone apps.
The Navigon sale goes through August 15th.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter