League of Legends for Mac still expected this fall
Riot tells us that it's still coming. The game did get delayed longer than expected, but in an official statement, we're told that they "are putting some final touches on the Mac product and expect to ship by this fall." Season One was the priority, even while we were being shown the preview for the Mac version, but "now that it's out," Riot says, "we can focus on finalizing the Mac client and other upcoming features."
That sounds good. Since I first played the game for that preview, I've become a big fan; it's a quality version of the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft III, and the fact that it's free to play on the PC (or in Bootcamp, if you can't wait any longer) is just icing on the cake. We'll keep an eye out for the Mac release and let you know when it's ready.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved