League of Legends for Mac still expected this fall
Riot tells us that it's still coming. The game did get delayed longer than expected, but in an official statement, we're told that they "are putting some final touches on the Mac product and expect to ship by this fall." Season One was the priority, even while we were being shown the preview for the Mac version, but "now that it's out," Riot says, "we can focus on finalizing the Mac client and other upcoming features."
That sounds good. Since I first played the game for that preview, I've become a big fan; it's a quality version of the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft III, and the fact that it's free to play on the PC (or in Bootcamp, if you can't wait any longer) is just icing on the cake. We'll keep an eye out for the Mac release and let you know when it's ready.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update