Apple Trackpad hacked to use USB
The aesthetics and convenience of wireless devices add to their appeal, but buying batteries (no matter how special) is a bummer. MacRumors forum user MarkBog felt so strongly about buying all of those batteries that he hacked his Magic Trackpad to use a USB connection.
To accomplish this feat, he removed the pad's batteries, stripped a USB cable down to the red and black power wires and then attached them to a battery-sized wooden dowel. He then pushed the dowel inside the pad's battery compartment and presto! It worked.
It certainly won't win praises from Apple, but it will save the hacker (and the environment) from a pile of batteries. Well done.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync