TUAW review and giveaway: EasyStand for iPad
EasyStand for iPad is a $19.99 device that is simple, well-made, and does exactly what it is supposed to do. The device comes in two colors, Metallic Black and Metallic Silver, and features two slots that are at slightly different angles. If the angle at which your iPad is being held seems too steep, just turn the EasyStand around and pop the iPad in the other slot. Both slots are felt-lined to protect your iPad, and there's a tiny "finger notch" that makes pressing the Home button possible without moving the iPad from the stand.
I was initially concerned that the hard material of the EasyStand would make it susceptible to sliding on hard surfaces like desks and countertops, but found that there are four non-skid bumper feet included that can be installed on the bottom of the stand. With the feet installed, the stand is not going to move. The bumper feet also keep the stand from scratching wood desks if you happen to get something sharp trapped underneath.
There's one other nice touch: the EasyStand comes in a nice soft fabric case so that you can take it with you to the coffee shop or office. All in all, the EasyStand has a good, quality feel to it, and it does its job very well. The price is definitely right, and although it's not as classy as the Twelve South Compass stand that we gave away a few weeks ago, it's also not as expensive ($19.99 compared to $39.99).
The EasyStand also does a great job holding your iPhone 4 (with or without bumper) for FaceTime chats. Instead of holding your iPhone 4 in your hand and feeling your arm grow weary, just prop it into the EasyStand and you're good to go.
And now, as promised, we have a couple of EasyStands to give away to two lucky TUAW readers. We have one in each finish (Metallic Silver and Metallic Black), and to enter the giveaway just let us know in the comments which finish you'd prefer (we can't guarantee that you'll get your choice, but we'll try). Here are the official rules:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment stating which finish (Metallic Silver or Metallic Black) you'd prefer
- The comment must be left before midnight on Friday, August 27th, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time
- You may enter only once
- Two winners will be selected and will receive an EasyStand for iPad (Value: US$19.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV