Bloomberg: Apple press event on Sept. 7
Yesterday, Bloomberg published a story about Apple's alleged plan to rent television shows through iTunes and, we assume, the Apple TV. The cost would be US$0.99, which is half off the purchase price of $1.99.
Bloomberg also mentioned that Apple will hold a press event on September 7th. That's likely, as Apple has refreshed the iPod line every year in September since its launch. Additionally, the "Buy a Mac, get an iPod touch for free" promo that Apple is currently running for students expires on September 7th. So expect new iPods.
The real question, as Engadget points out, is what else will be announced at the event? Is the TV rental option the end of the story or part of a larger service? Also, would the new Apple TV (or "iTV") be announced on the 7th as well? We'll know soon enough. Be sure to follow our coverage on the 7th (should the rumored event actually take place) for the latest news.
Update: Invitations have gone out and it looks like Wednesday the 1st of September is the magic day. Join us on TUAW for coverage.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV