Bloomberg: Apple press event on Sept. 7
Yesterday, Bloomberg published a story about Apple's alleged plan to rent television shows through iTunes and, we assume, the Apple TV. The cost would be US$0.99, which is half off the purchase price of $1.99.
Bloomberg also mentioned that Apple will hold a press event on September 7th. That's likely, as Apple has refreshed the iPod line every year in September since its launch. Additionally, the "Buy a Mac, get an iPod touch for free" promo that Apple is currently running for students expires on September 7th. So expect new iPods.
The real question, as Engadget points out, is what else will be announced at the event? Is the TV rental option the end of the story or part of a larger service? Also, would the new Apple TV (or "iTV") be announced on the 7th as well? We'll know soon enough. Be sure to follow our coverage on the 7th (should the rumored event actually take place) for the latest news.
Update: Invitations have gone out and it looks like Wednesday the 1st of September is the magic day. Join us on TUAW for coverage.
Yesterday, Bloomberg published a story about Apple's alleged plan to rent television shows through iTunes and, we assume, the Apple TV. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free